This is my Mothers day gift to my Mommy!
Sticky Zebra Popcorn
Some people lovingly call this Satan’s mix, because the temptation to eat it is TOO great. It is best eaten the day it is made, which is not a problem. I don’t make it too often because I cannot stop eating it!
5 quarts popped popcorn, with un-popped kernels removed (3/4 cup kernels)
1 10 oz. mini marshmallows
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Put popcorn in a stove top popper that stirs as it pops. Heat corn over med-high heat. Stir constantly until the popping stops (be careful not to leave it on too long – it can burn), take out any un-popped kernels. Pour into large bowl and mix in marshmallows. Set aside
2. In medium sauce pan, over med-high heat, combine salt, butter, sugar and corn syrup and bring to a boil; stir for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat, add vanilla (it will bubble a little, be careful)
4. Pour over popcorn mixture, stir till marshmallows are melted and everything is coated well.
5. Spread concoction out on wax paper
6. Melt white chocolate with a ¼ teaspoon of vanilla in the microwave for 30 second intervals. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate is melted (it may not be runny, but spreadable). Spread over coated popcorn.
7. Melt milk chocolate with a ½ teaspoon of olive oil in the microwave for 30 second intervals. Stir and repeat until chocolate is melted. This one is runnier. Drizzle over coated popcorn.
8. If your kitchen is hot at this point, the chocolate will not harden. So I stick it in the fridge to solidify the chocolate.
9. Then eat it! Or share it! Yummy!