Monday, February 25, 2013

A little Paris...

Today I was reminiscing about my trip to Paris.  It was a huge thing for me to travel abroad.  While in Paris, I got to experience many things, like the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame.  I also saw several museums

At the Louvre, I found that I loved the sculptures.  This is Mercury and Psyche.  It is exquisite workmanship and lovely.   

Adriaen de Vries

 The story goes something like this.  Cupid fell in love with a mortal that was gorgeous.  Of course there was jealousy from Venus and lots of other stuff happened.  In the end this woman Psyche, passed through several trials and was taken to Mount Olympus by Mercury, so Cupid and Psyche could be married.    This is a representation of that ascension into heaven.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!